This simple Italian Salad recipe is quick and easy to make, tossed with an Italian vinaigrette, and can easily double as a side salad or main dish. See notes above for possible ingredient variations.
Italian Salad Ingredients:
- 5 ounces mixed spring greens (or whatever greens you prefer)
- half a small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups croutons, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
Italian Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- To Make The Vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until combined. Taste and add additional sweetener if desired. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- To Make The Salad: Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl, drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette, and toss until evenly combined. Serve sprinkled with extra Parmesan cheese and enjoy!