This easy Sesame Asian Slaw recipe is quick and easy to make, tossed with the yummiest sesame vinaigrette, and can easily double as a side salad or main dish. See notes above for possible ingredient variations.
- 1 (14-ounce) bag of coleslaw*
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- toasted sesame seeds
Sesame Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil, or any other mild-flavored oil)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce*
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed or minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- To Make The Vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until combined. Taste and add additional sweetener if desired. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- To Make The Slaw: Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl, drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette, and toss until evenly combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!