If you love chocolate pie, you are going to love this French Silk Pie recipe!
- 4 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups ultra-fine sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- (optional) 1/4 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 fully pre-baked 9-inch pie shell (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 cups whipped cream
- 1 chocolate bar, roughly chopped or shaved or melted into chocolate curls
- Heat chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted. Set aside and let cool for about 10 minutes until it is room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. When melted chocolate has cooled, gradually add it to the butter/sugar mixture. Add the espresso powder (if using). Beat the mixture on medium-low speed until thoroughly until combined. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Switch to the whisk attachment. Add one egg, and beat for 5 minutes on medium speed. Repeat with remaining three eggs, beating the mixture for an additional 5 minutes after each egg. (20 minutes total.) Pour the filling into a baked pie shell in a pie plate, and use a spatula to spread out the top evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled before serving.
- Top with desired amount of whipped cream, then garnish with chocolate shavings or curls.
- *This ingredient does use raw eggs. Consume at your own risk.
Very slightly adapted from The Pioneer Woman.