The Friday Five
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It’s a funny thing, this thing we call blogging.
Here I am sitting in Kansas City on a warm spring day writing this post. And there you are — literally all around the world — reading it. And that’s perfectly normal nowadays. I love the (literally) world wide web.
You may find it totally cheesy, but somedays I love imagining where these posts find all of you. I imagine some of you sitting at your desk at work. Some of you at home feeding breakfast to your kids. Some of you waiting in line at the grocery store scrolling through your phone. Some of you relaxing with a glass of wine after work. Some of you at the library finishing an essay for finals. Some of you barely keeping your eyes open before you doze off to sleep for the night.
But all of you somehow wonderfully connected through this little space of the internet. Which makes me very, very happy.
So wherever life finds you today, I just wanted to say a big thanks for tuning in. And I wish you a lovely spring weekend. And I hope you enjoy today’s Friday Five devoted to what I’m loving right now — spring flowers. :)
5 beautiful recipes to create with edible flowers
- Rose Cake | Gimme Some Oven
- Spring Bouquet Popsicles | Family Fresh Cooking
- Rose-Flavored Panna Cotta with Edible Flowers | Boulder Locavore
- Pansy Petal Pancakes | Craft Foxes
- Granola with Lemon Yogurt and Edible Flowers | What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today
5 lovely floral scarves to celebrate the season
- Floral Infinity Scarf | Lord & Taylor
- Blushing Floral Infinity Scarf | Anthropologie
- Stitched Stripe Painted Floral Scarf | LOFT
- Watermelon Floral Infinity Scarf | World Market
- Vintage Floral Scarf | GAP
5 ways to make grocery store flowers all the prettier
- Flower Power | Refresh Restyle
- Mother’s Day Arrangements With Grocery Store Flowers | The Curtis Casa
- Top Tricks For Making Grocery Store Flowers Look Great | Apartment Therapy
- Spaghetti Jar Flowers | The Crafty Woman
- Celebrity Grocery Store Flower Arrangements | HGTV
5 ways to make cupcakes look like your favorite flowers
- Hydrangea Cupcakes | Glorious Eats
- Rose Cupcakes | Created By Diane
- Buttercream In Bloom | 17 and Baking
- Mum Flower Cupcakes | Gimme Some Oven
- Petal Frosted Cupcakes | Cake Journal
5 diy projects to do with fresh flowers
- DIY Fresh Flower Gift Tags | Studio DIY
- DIY Fresh Flower Ring | Paper & Stitch
- Fresh Flower Cupcake Toppers | The Crafted Life
- DIY Fresh Flower Drink Stirrer | Style Me Pretty
- DIY Fresh Flower Sign | Sugar & Cloth
Hi Ali, I love reading you blog! I feel the same about how small the internet makes the world. I’m reading this from Queensland Australia in bed about to fall asleep! Thanks for sharing your life with us x
Here I am trying to get people to use real flowers in food and you have these stunning hydrangea cupcakes!
I’m floored!! Too, too pretty. And because the real thing is poisonous, these are even more spectacular.
I too think about what people are doing and why they read blogs and it’s such a fascinating world in which we live….
Jamie Oliver use flowers in many of his recipes. I even saw him walking in a garden tasting the flowers and the grass directly from the ground. That made me thinking how little do we know about vegies and flowers and how little do we use of them.
Thanks for sharing my flowers! Have a great weekend!
I’ve just discovered your blog by clicking on a link at Lindsay’s blog… :) And you’re so right. It’s so funny to think of all those people around the world! For me, I’m from the Netherlands and reading this on a rainy Sunday morning in bed with coffee… :) Love your links!
I love this (new?) trend for edible flowers. In fact, I like flowers everywhere – especially on my clothes! :-)
P.S. In case you’re interested, I’m sitting on a comfortable sofa in my parents’ house reading this on a Sunday afternoon!
That cake looks deeeelicious! Hello from Nashville :)