The Friday Five
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Hey hey, everyone! I hope life finds you well this lovely Friday.
Since I have all things gardening on the brain, I thought I would make this the “fresh herb edition” of The Friday Five. I have rounded up some fun lists including everything from fresh herb cocktails, to DIY herb planters, to herby pesto ideas (besides basil!), herb art prints, and recipes to make with herbs on the grill.
I was already to do my annual herb shopping and planting in the morning, but now I’m extra anxious to try half of these ideas! I have admitted on her before, though, that I have just about the brownest thumb ever. So I’d better get rolling, because my plants may not last longer than a week or two. I know, I know, a food blogger should probably be able to conquer herbs. But instead, I just support my neighborhood gardening store coming back for more throughout the summer. ;)
I’m super excited to also be taking a little field trip tomorrow out to the urban garden where my CSA farmer, Si Si Cho, has been hard at work growing all of our goodies. I’ve had the privilege of getting to hang out with Si Si regularly over the past few months working through the ESL tutoring program for our CSA, which has been no less than awesome. Picture vegetable bingo, small business vocabulary, and verb practice — with us taking turns cooking each other Burmese and American food in the background. Yep. Love it.
Anyway, most of the other bloggers I know are having a blast in Miami now at the annual BlogHer food conference. So to all of them, I send big hugs from KC! And to all of you, wherever you may be, well you get big hugs too. :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!
5 Herby Cocktails
- Sparkling Ginger Mint Juleps | Gimme Some Oven
- Blackberry Cilantro Margaritas | A Beautiful Mess
- Strawberry Thyme Lillet Spritzers | What’s Gaby Cooking
- Peach & Basil Daquiri | Freutcake
- Roasted Cherry & Sage Lemonade Cocktail | Nutmeg Nanny
5 DIY Herb Planters
- DIY Herb Planter | Gimme Some Oven
- DIY Upcycled Plastic Bottle Planter | Maiko Nagao
- DIY Vertical Planter | Sweet Bella Roos
- Chalkboard Planters | Tried & True
- DIY Copper Tin Can Planters | Homey Oh My
5 Pesto Recipes To Make With Fresh Herbs (Besides Basil!)
- Pasta with Cutting Board Parsley Pesto | Familystyle Food
- Sweet Potato Skins with Sage Pesto & Bacon | Little Leopard Book
- Cilantro Pesto Shrimp Tostadas | Bev Cooks
- Lemon Braised Chicken & Beans with Mint Pesto | The Kitchn
- Pistachio Rosemary Pesto with Power Greens | Edible Perspective
5 Herby Art Prints
- Watercolor Basil Print | ColorZen
- Chalkboard Herb Art | SpoonLily
- Kitchen Art Herb Print | Slightly Sprightly
- Herb Garden Collection | The Word Shop
- Garden Herbs | LouPaper
5 Great Grilling Recipes with Herbs
- Shrimp Scampi Skewers with Parsley | Gimme Some Oven
- Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Skewers with Cilantro | A Kitchen Addiction
- Grilled Pork Loin with Apples & Sage | Feasting At Home
- Grilled Rainbow Carrots with Basil Vinaigrette | In Sonnet’s Kitchen
- Citrus Beef Skewers with Grapefruit Thyme Marinade | Tara’s Multicultural Table
Just an FYI, the link to the shrimp skewers is incorrect. Also, I cannot wait to try them. I am hoping Trader Joe’s has their Argentinian Red Shrimp in stock. It is both amazingly taste and amazingly inexpensive!
Ah, thanks for catching that Amanda! And I’ve always wanted to try those shrimp!! I may pick up a bag tomorrow if they’re instock. Thanks for the rec! :)