The Friday Five
Hope that you all have had a lovely week, and that a relaxing weekend lies ahead. I’m looking forward to some friend’s-birthday-celebrating, farmers-marketing, coffee-(friends)-dating, cake-baking, church-enjoying, and sleeping-inning here in my little corner of the world this weekend. OH, and the thing I’m perhaps most excited about — choir-directing.
Did I mention on here that I’m leading an Easter choir at my church?!
I’m kind of over the moon about it. Our little midtown church is overflowing with artists and talented musicians, but all of the singers have never come together to actually do the choir thing in worship before…until now. Which makes this former choir director really happy! Seriously, I could not stop smiling last week during rehearsal. It was just so fun to put some of those old skills back to use. And much more, to be able to make some beautiful music with good friends and people I love. Such a gift!
Anyway, warm wishes coming your way for a good weekend ahead. And without further ado, here’s the Friday Five!
5 rainbow recipes (sans food coloring!) that you should make to go with my rainbow sangria (that went viral on the blog yesterday!)
- Rainbow Flatbread Pizza | Gimme Some Oven
- Rainbow Fruit Cookie Cake | I Am Baker
- Rainbow Hasselback Potatoes | Cupcake Project
- Rainbow Fruit Skewers | The Comfort Of Cooking
- Rainbow Peanut Noodles | Gimme Some Oven
5 stylish and affordable necklaces to show your state (or country!) pride!
- State Necklace | The Folk (search store for your state)
- State Pendant | DIYJewelry (search store for your state)
- Wooden State Love Necklace | Ottava Designs (search store for your state)
- KS/MO Necklace | Janesko (for my Kansas City peeps!)
- Country Love Necklaces | McLaughlinCreations (for those of you all around the world!)
5 recipes to get your carrot cake on
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes (GF + Lower Fat) | Food Faith Fitness
- No Bake Carrot Cake Granola Bites | Cookin’ Canuck
- Carrot Cake Cookies | Bake At 350
- Carrot Cake Scones with Cream Cheese Frosting | Texanerin
- The Best Carrot Cake | Gimme Some Oven
5 hair tutorials I’m trying to master from The Small Things Blog
- The Alternative Bun
- Just Bend The Ends Tutorial
- The Emma Stone Inspired Bun
- Triple Topsy Tail Tutorial
- Low Chignon
5 completely ridiculous BuzzFeed character quizzes that I’ve been sent (and of course have immediately taken) over the past few weeks
- Which Mad Men Character Are You? (I got Megan!)
- Which 90s Pop Idol Are You? (Mmmkay, Mariah Carey.)
- Which Children’s Book Character Are You? (I got Rainbow Fish, which I’ve somehow never read…)
- Which Full House Character Are You? (Aw, Aunt Becky!)
- Which Character From The Office Are You? (Yesss, Mindy Kaling! Er, Kelly Kapour.) :)