Make these famous biscuits inspired by Red Lobster homemade!
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix (such as Bisquick or Jiffy)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together biscuit mix, cheese and garlic powder. Add in milk, and stir until well mixed. (Heads up – the dough will get very sticky!)
- With a spoon or with your fingers, shape the dough into biscuit-sized clumps, and drop onto the baking sheet. (Note that the dough will pretty much hold its shape when baked, so feel free to pat down random peaks in the dough if you’d like them to look more uniform!)
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until biscuits begin to brown slightly around the edges.
- While the biscuits bake, prepare the warm butter mixture by mixing together the melted butter, oregano and garlic salt in a small bowl. As soon as the biscuits are removed from the oven, brush the biscuits (while they are still on the baking sheet) with the mixture until they are well-coated.
- Serve warm.
Adapted from Joyful Abode.