These garlic & herb tomatoes are one of my favorite way to enjoy fresh summer tomatoes!
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan large enough to hold all the tomatoes in one layer. Add the garlic to the oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to lose their firm round shape. Sprinkle with a little fresh chopped basil and parsley and serve hot or at room temperature.
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa at Home.