This incredibly delicious Gnocchi With Shrimp, Asparagus & Pesto recipe can be prepared in 15 minutes or less! Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus, tough ends removed, and cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 (16 oz.) package vacuum-packed gnocchi
- 1/4 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- (optional garnishes: parmesan and toasted pine nuts)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and saute for 3 minutes. Then add shrimp, season everything with salt and (lots of!) freshly ground black pepper, and continue sauteing until shrimp are cooked (pink and no longer translucent). Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts of generously-salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add gnocchi to pan; cook 3-4 minutes or until done (gnocchi will rise to surface). Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl. Add asparagus, shrimp and pesto, and then stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Add extra garnishes if you’d like. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light