This quick Gochujang Lettuce Wraps recipe is easy to make in about 20 minutes with the most delicious 4-ingredient gochujang sauce, plus your choice of protein and veggies.
Lettuce Wraps Ingredients:
- 1 pound steak (or chicken, pork, shrimp or tofu*), sliced into bite-sized pieces
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or minced
- 8–10 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- optional garnishes: thinly-sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds
Easy Gochujang Sauce Ingredients:
- Make the sauce. Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Taste and add any extra maple syrup (to sweeten) or gochujang (for spice) if would like.
- Cook the protein. Season the steak (or your preferred protein) with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add the steak and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the steak is browned and tender. Remove pan from heat and stir in half of the gochujang sauce until it has evenly coated the steak.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps. Portion a spoonful of the saucy steak into each lettuce cup, topped with a few cucumbers and carrots, an extra small drizzle of the remaining sauce, and your desired garnishes.
- Serve warm. And enjoy!
Protein: Feel free to stir-fry 1 pound (more or less) of any of the following proteins. Cooking time will vary a bit according to whichever protein you choose, but just stir-fry until it is cooked through.
- Beef: Either steak (such as a flank steak or sirloin) or ground beef
- Chicken: Either boneless skinless chicken breasts or ground chicken
- Pork: Either boneless pork chops or ground pork
- Shrimp: Peeled and deveined
- Tofu: Extra-firm tofu