These Greek Salmon Salad Bowls are packed with delicious, feel-good ingredients and easy to make in just 20 minutes! See notes above for possible ingredient variations.
- 1 pound salmon filets*, room temperature
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large handfuls baby arugula
- 1 avocado*, peeled, pitted and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- half of an English cucumber, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- olive oil and red wine vinegar, for dressing
- optional toppings: crumbled feta cheese and dried oregano
- Gently pat the salmon filets dry with paper towels, then season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan. Place the salmon filets flesh-side down, pressing the flesh down a bit if needed so that the entire surface is touching the pan. Cook undisturbed for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Carefully flip and cook the other side for about 2-4 more minutes, until the salmon reaches your desired level of doneness and flakes easily with a fork. Transfer salmon to a separate plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked salmon, arugula, avocado, bell pepper, onion and cucumber. Drizzle with a few swirls of olive oil and red wine vinegar, plus a few pinches of dried oregano if desired, and toss until combined.
- Taste and season with extra salt and pepper (plus any extra oil, vinegar and/or oregano), if needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with feta cheese and extra oregano if desired. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
*Salmon: Feel free to use salmon with or without skin. Cooking time will vary according to the thickness of your filets.
*Avocado: If prepping this salad in advance, I recommend waiting to add the avocado until just before serving so that it does not brown in the fridge.