This Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cake is moist, flavorful, and made with protein-rich Greek yogurt.
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2% fat)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, finely chopped
To Make The Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, and water and put over medium heat. Cook until just melted and combined, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl and whisk to blend. Add half of the melted-butter mixture and whisk until completely blended (it will be very thick). Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk to combine. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking each to blend completely before adding the next. Whisk in the Greek yogurt and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a rack. Once the cake has cooled to room temperature, drizzle with chocolate glaze.
- To Make The Chocolate Glaze:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and let cool and thicken for 5-10 minutes (or until the glaze reaches your desired consistency). Then drizzle over the chocolate cake.
Adapted slightly from Bi Rite Market’s Eat Good Food Cookbook via Shutterbean