This Green Goddess Feta Dip recipe is packed with tons of fresh herbs, creamy avocado, and lots of tangy lemon and feta. Serve it up with crusty bread, veggies, crackers or any of your favorite dippers!
- 5 ounces feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2–3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh dill
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup packed fresh chives (or green onions*)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus 1/4 cup water)
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Blend. Combine feta, garlic, avocado, lemon juice, dill, mint, basil, chives, and Dijon in a food processor. Pulse briefly to combine. Then, while the motor is running, drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil until it is combined and completely emulsified. Add in an extra 1/4 cup (or more) of water until the dip reaches your desired consistency.
- Season. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately with your favorite dippers. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Onion options: In place of fresh chives or green onions, you can also substitute 1/4 cup chopped red onion or shallots.
Source: Recipe adapted from Melissa Clark.