Tender, crispy, flavorful chicken is topped with a lighter ranch sauce.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Italian-style panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Kretschmer Original Toasted Wheat Germ
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 large egg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2/3 cup Skinny Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip, plus milk for thinning if necessary
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Prepare a baking dish (with sides) with cooking spray.
- Add flour to medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, mix together panko, Kretschmer wheat germ, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and cayenne.
- Crack egg in a third medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Dip 1 piece of chicken into flour until completely covered, shaking off any excess. Then dip into egg mixture, and then crumb mixture, making sure to press crumbs onto chicken before placing onto prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes; flip chicken pieces over and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink inside.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, top each chicken breast with about 1/3 cup of the Skinny Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip, spreading it so that the entire breast is covered. The dip should thin out as it is warmed. But if you want a thinner sauce, you can also whisk in a tablespoon or two of milk into the dip beforehand to thin.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from My Wheat Germ.