You are sure to love this flavorful and fruitful, easy, healthy and delicious fish tacos with Mandarin-Orange Salsa recipe!
Mandarin Orange Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained and halved (or you can substitute fresh mandarin oranges)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1/2 Tbsp. finely diced, seeded jalapeño
- dash of salt
- 2 (6 oz) tilapia filets
- 2 tsp. blackening powder (or favorite rub)
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1 handful mixed salad greens
- 1 lime, quartered
- To prepare the salsa, gently toss the 5 salsa ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle fish evenly on both sides with seasoning. Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. (You could also grill the fish, or cook it in a skillet.)
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray. Add the tortillas to pan, 1 at a time; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Top each taco with 1/4 cup greens, 1/4 cup salsa, and 1 piece of tilapia. (Feel free to break the tilapia into smaller piece like I did.) Sprinkle with a little lime juice, and serve immediately with lime wedges.
Here are some other possible seasoning mixes for the fish:
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice (sprinkle on fish first), 2 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. cumin, pinch of salt