25 days of giveaways: $150 heifer international gift certificate
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Merry Christmas, everyone!!!
To conclude the “25 Days of Giveaways” here at Gimme Some Oven, I would love to do a different kind of giveaway. :)
Heifer International has been one of my favorite organizations ever since I was a little girl. Established back in 1944, this amazing non-profit has a mission to “end poverty and hunger in a sustainable fashion”. They are probably most known for inviting people to give “live” gifts to those in need. When I was younger, I remember saving up to sponsor little chicks or goats to be sent to families across the world. And now as an adult, they’re still at it, and I’m even more impressed with the organization’s structure and mission behind the scenes. They are a non-prof run with such integrity and care, and the work they are helping do in the world is making an unbelievable and needed difference.
So for the final giveaway, I will be sponsoring a $150 gift certificate for the winner to use at www.heifer.com. You could use it to buy a goat, a sheep, llama, pig, or rabbits. You could use it to buy a flock of chicks, ducks, or geese. Or you could use it to buy a gardener’s gift package, or any number of other amazing gifts. So many amazing options that will truly be a gift to one of our brothers and sisters around the world.
So please check out Heifer International’s amazing organization, and feel free to enter the giveaway below. And so many thanks for participating in this month’s giveaways, everyone! You are the best!!! I wish you all a meaningful, inspiring Christmas…and a great new year of cooking to come! :)
Heifer International $150 Gift Certificate Giveaway Rules
Giveaway Prize: One $150 Heifer International gift certificate to be used on www.heifer.com.
Entry requirements: Leave a comment on this page about why you would love this Heifer International gift certificate, or what gift you would love to purchase with it.
- You may NOT enter using multiple email addresses. Automatic disqualification.
- Additional entries must leave a separate comment. (For example, you need a separate comment saying that you became a follower on Twitter, or that you were already a follower, etc.)
- Contest ends December 31, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time.
- Contest open to US residents only.
- Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond before being disqualified and a new winner chosen.
Opportunities for extra entries:
- Follow GimmeSomeOven and Heifer International on Twitter and retweet the following message:
- I want to win a $150 @Heifer International gift certificate from @gimmesomeoven. https://bit.ly/tatRiw #giveaway #25daysoffoodiegiveaways
- “Like” GimmeSomeOven on Facebook.
- “Like” Heifer International on Facebook.
- Post the link for the Ozeri giveaway on your Facebook wall. (Winner will need to verify.)
When I taught 6th grade middle school students, we did an annual cookbook fundraiser each fall. Every student contributed one recipe to the cookbook that held special meaning to him or her. The cookbooks were sold to raise money for one global organization, one natioanl organization, and one local charity. The global organization we used was Heifer International. It was fun to instruct the students about Heifer’s values, and the long-term effect giving one family a cow or coop of chickens could have on the whole community. I would love to win this certificate to show my own children the value of helping those around the world! I’m sure my 5-year-old and 4-year-old would have a blast learning about each animal and selecting their favorite. What a wonderful give-away idea!!
Well… consider yourself added to my blogroll. I have like six other blogs I read on a weekly basis, guess that number just increased to seven! Keep writing!