Learn how to properly salt your pasta water with this 1:1:4 formula. It will definitely kick the flavor of your pasta up a delicious notch!
- 4 quarts (16 cups) water
- 1 tablespoon regular table salt (or 1.5 tablespoons Kosher salt)
- 1 pound (uncooked) dry pasta
- In a large stockpot, bring the water to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the salt.
- Add the pasta and cook it according to the package directions, stirring occasionally and reducing the heat a bit if it starts to boil over, until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain off the excess water.
- Serve immediately, using your favorite pasta recipe.
*If you like a saltier pasta, feel free to up the salt quantity by 1/2 tablespoon per batch until you find the amount that tastes good to you.