This Italian twist on guacamole is highlighted with lots of fresh basil and garlic.
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 roma tomato, cored and finely chopped (or 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- pinch of coarse black pepper
- Mash together all ingredients together with a fork until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the plastic is literally touching the entire top layer of the guacamole) and refrigerate.