This Kale Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese is quick and easy to make, packed with sweet and savory flavors, and so delicious!
Kale Salad Ingredients:
- 6–7 cups chopped fresh kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6–8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 batch Red Wine Shallot Vinaigrette (below)
Red Wine Shallot Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons honey, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely-chopped
To Make The Kale Salad:
- Toss all ingredients together until combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours before serving.
To Make The Red Wine Shallot Vinaigrette:
- Whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl until completely combined. (Or you can toss everything in a mason jar and give it a good shake.) Stir in the shallot until combined. Taste, and season with extra salt and/or pepper and/or honey, if needed.
Serving size totally depends on whether this is your main course or a side salad. The serving size I mentioned is for smaller side salads.
Also, feel free to use more/less of the salad ingredients (i.e. bacon, blue cheese, pecans, cranberries) to taste. I tend to just use a handful of each.