You’ll love this key lime tartlets recipe! These delicious and adorable individual little treats are ready to go in less than 20 minutes. Try them today!
- 2–3 packages frozen mini phyllo tarts
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, plus zest from two limes
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 8–10 key limes, sliced into thin coins for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks until blended. Add in sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, sugar, and lime zest. Whisk together until smooth and blended.
- Spoon batter into mini tarts so that they are nearly overflowing. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until custard has set. Remove and let cool to room temperature. Then top with whipped cream and key lime coins.
This recipe makes a lot of custard! Feel free to use 2 packages of phyllo tarts and then use the leftover custard to make a small batch of plain custard or an extra medium-sized tart. Or use 3 packages, and make even more little tartlets!