This Korean Steak Kabobs recipe is made with a super-easy, flavorful marinade, and grilled to perfection with any vegetables you’d like. So flavorful and delicious!!
Korean Steak Kabob Ingredients:
- 1 batch sauce/marinade (see below)
- 2 pounds flank steak or sirloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- metal or wooden* skewers
- 3 large bell peppers, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces (I used red and yellow peppers)
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (or pressed)
To Make The Korean Steak Kabobs:
- Combine the steak with (half of) the sauce in a large ziplock bag or bowl, and toss until the steak is evenly coated. Seal or cover, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Once you’re ready to cook the skewers, heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the skewers alternately with the marinated steak, peppers and onions. Brush each skewer liberally with the remaining marinade, and season each with a pinch of salt and pepper. Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, turning once, or until the steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness. Remove skewers from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Brush each kabob evenly with the remaining sauce (the half that was not used for the marinade).
- Serve immediately.
To Make The Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Set aside half of the sauce to be used as a dipping sauce, and half to be used as a marinade.
*If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in a bowl of water (so that they’re completely submerged) for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
**Prep time does not include the time needed to marinate the steak, which can vary (your choice!) from 30 minutes up to 8 hours.