What It Is:
Beautiful pastries, candies, chocolates, in a shop that’s been serving up sweet treats for over a century.
Where It’s Located:
El Gótico | Google Map
Why We Love It:
This classic, old-world-style European bakery and confectionery shop is a landmark here in Barcelona. We love stopping by for a quick treat and coffee, and whatever else might be in season (especially their panellets around the holidays).
- Xuxos (pronounced; choo-choos) – flaky, croissant-like crust around crema Catalana. A version of creme brulée. A must-try while in Catalunya.
- Panellets, when they are in season around the holidays. (We especially love the pine nut panellets!)
- They also have great coffee there, so grab a cortado to go with your sweets.
- When it’s busy, they have a take-a-number system, so grab a ticket when you walk in and watch the number in red.
- Check out our downloadable travel guide map for other recommendations nearby!
For More Barcelona Travel Recommendations…
Check out our Gimme Some Barcelona Travel Guide, which includes a constantly-updated list of our best recommendations on where to stay, what to do, and where to eat in Barcelona. Plus, we’ve also shared a bunch of our best Barcelona-specific travel tips, so that you can navigate the city like a local.
Also, feel free to download our Gimme Some Barcelona Google Map, which includes all of the recommendations listed in our travel guide.