A quick and easy 5-ingredient pasta dish that’s packed with great flavor!
- 12 ounces linguine or other dried pasta
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 very large handfuls (about 5 ounces) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded or shaved Parmesan, plus extra for topping
- (optional: 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts)
- Cook pasta al dente in a large stockpot of generously-salted water according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil (or melt the butter) in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to turn just slightly golden. Remove from heat. (And if the pasta is not yet ready, transfer the garlic to a separate dish to prevent it from overcooking.)
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it. Then immediately stir in the garlic and olive oil mixture, arugula, and Parmesan cheese. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, topped with extra Parmesan cheese (and toasted pine nuts, if using).