Trust me — this Mint Mojito Iced Coffee recipe is a game changer.
- 1 cup freshly-brewed strong coffee
- 12 large fresh mint leaves, plus extra sprig for garnish
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (or your desired sweetener)
- 1 cup ice
- splash of cream (or half and half, milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- Brew the coffee however you prefer (pour-over, French press, Aeropress, traditional drip, any method will work).
- Then while the coffee is brewing, combine the mint and sweetener in a cocktail shaker (or mason jar). Use a muddler (or the end of a thick wooden spoon) to gently muddle the mint — thoroughly enough so that those yummy minty oils get released, but also not so much that you break it up into a hundred tiny pieces that’ll get stuck in your straw. ;)
- Fill the shaker with ice. Then pour the hot coffee over the ice, and add a splash of cream if desired.
- Cover the shaker, and shake vigorously for 15 seconds until completely chilled.
- Transfer the iced coffee to your serving glass (if using a separate glass). Then add a few extra ice cubes if needed, garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve cold!
*If making this vegan, be sure to use non-dairy creamer such as coconut or almond milk.
Big thanks to Philz Coffee in San Francisco for the inspiration!