My all-time favorite mojito recipe, naturally sweetened with honey (instead of simple syrup) and SO fresh and delicious. Plus, see instructions below as well for how to make a pitcher of mojitos for a crowd.
- 10 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) white rum
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- 2–3 teaspoons honey simple syrup (see below), to taste
- club soda
Pitcher For A Crowd (8 Servings):
- 80 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups white rum
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey simple syrup (or more/less to taste)
- club soda
- For A Single Serving: Add the mint leaves, rum, lime juice and honey simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mint (using a cocktail muddler or a wooden spoon) to release its flavors. Add 1 cup of ice. Then cover the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 15 seconds, until chilled. Strain into a tall glass filled with ice. Top with club soda, as well as extra mint or lime wedges for garnish, if desired.
- For A Pitcher: Add the mint leaves, rum, lime juice and honey simple syrup to a large pitcher. Muddle the mint (using a cocktail muddler or a wooden spoon) to release its flavors. Fill the pitcher most of the way full with ice. Top with club soda. Serve in tall glasses filled with ice, then garnish with extra mint or lime wedges, if desired.
How To Make Honey Simple Syrup: Combine equal parts honey and water in a saucepan. Then heat until the mixture nearly reaches a simmer, then whisk together until the honey melts into the water. You can refrigerate the mixture in a sealed container for up to 3 days. (Pro tip: feel free to also make a small batch in the microwave, it’s even faster!)