My favorite classic monkey bread recipe!
- 2 large cans (16 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Prep the oven and baking pan. Heat the oven to 350°F. Mist a bundt pan generously with cooking spray.
- Coat the biscuits. Separate out the individual biscuits and cut them into quarters. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated white sugar and cinnamon. Roll each piece of biscuit dough in the cinnamon sugar until it is coated on all sides, then place the dough in the bundt pan, gently stacking the dough pieces in the pan in an even layer. (Avoid pressing the dough pieces together firmly; you want them just lightly stacked.)
- Heat the butter sauce. Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the brown sugar plus any leftover cinnamon sugar and stir for about 30 seconds or until the sugar is melted. Pour the sauce evenly over the dough in the bundt pan to coat.
- Bake. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until the top is lightly golden and springs back when touched. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let it cool for 5 minutes. Using oven mitts, place a serving plate on top of the bundt pan and very carefully invert the monkey bread onto the plate.
- Serve. Serve immediately while warm and gooey, and enjoy!
Be sure that your butter stays well-melted and thin during the dipping process. If it begins to cool and thicken, just pop it in the microwave for another 10-15 seconds to warm it up.