This delicious homemade muesli recipe is easy to make and customize with your favorite blend of ingredients. See notes above for ideas!
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 cup raw chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Prep the oven. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake, round one. Combine the oats, almonds, pepitas, pecans, cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt on one large baking sheet (or divide evenly between two smaller baking sheets, see note below). Toss briefly to combine. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the nuts are fragrant.
- Bake, round two. Remove the baking sheet and give the mixture a good stir. Sprinkle the coconut flakes evenly over the top of the mixture. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until the coconut is lightly golden. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let the mixture cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine. Either in a mixing bowl or directly on the baking sheet, add the dried fruit and toss the mixture until everything is evenly combined.
- Serve or store. Serve the muesli as desired and enjoy. Or let it cool completely to room temperature, then store in an airtight container for up 1 month.
Source: This recipe is slightly adapted from The Kitchn, whose ratios and method for making muesli we’ve come to love!