Recipe for Snickerdoodle Muffins, known as Muffadoodles!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup additional sugar and 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon mixed together for rollin
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla, and then the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the “ball” of batter around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar, and then place into a prepared (either greased or with liner) muffin tin. (Each ball of batter should fill about 3/4 of a muffin tin.) Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 14 to 18 muffins. Bake them for approx. 20-22 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Adapted from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody