These mini Oreo cheesecakes are made with a delicious mix of cookies and cream, featuring a whole Oreo as the “crust.”
Oreo Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 16 Oreo cookies (plus 12 extra for topping, if desired)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
(Optional) Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Prep oven and baking cups. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12 standard baking cups with paper liners.
- Prep the Oreos. Place an Oreo cookie on the bottom of each liner. Roughly chop the remaining 4 Oreos and set aside.
- Mix the batter. Add the cream cheese and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat on medium speed until combined and smooth. Add in the sour cream, vanilla, eggs and beat just until smooth and evenly combined. (Avoid over-mixing.) Add the chopped Oreos and fold in by hand until combined.
- Bake. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 Oreo-lined baking cups. (I find it is easiest to add the batter with a scoop.) Bake until the edges are set and the centers only slightly jiggle, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Chill. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cheesecakes cool for 30 minutes. Cover lightly with foil and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Make the whipped cream (optional). Combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a chilled mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Frost the cheesecakes. Using a piping tip or a knife, frost the cheesecakes with the whipped cream, then add an extra Oreo for decoration if you’d like.
- Serve. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe updated in 2022 to make a smaller batch (12 instead of 24 cupcakes).