What It Is:
An artisan bakery specializing in regionally-grown ancient grains, without the use of pesticides or fertilizers.
Where It’s Located:
Gràcia | Google Map
Why We Love It:
Though it’s not been an easy go for bread these days, we still love it. Origo’s story is a fascinating one, where the owner left his corporate job and worked for free at the legendary bakery Tartine in San Francisco to learn the art. After extensive study, he returned to his home in Barcelona to make artisanal bread that’s good for people and for the environment.
- Any of their loaves, and we also found our way to the cookie jar.
- The chocolate chip cookie was a little pricey at €2, but exquisite.
- Note: they open at 5pm, just in time for dinner.
- If you’re in town visiting friends, a loaf of Origo’s finest might make a good gift to bring to dinner.
- Check out our downloadable travel guide map for other recommended spots nearby!
For More Barcelona Travel Recommendations…
Be sure to check out our Gimme Some Barcelona Travel Guide, which includes a constantly-updated list of our best recommendations on where to stay, what to do, and where to eat in Barcelona. It also includes a bunch of our best Barcelona-specific travel tips to help you navigate the city like a local.
Also, feel free to download our Gimme Some Barcelona Google Map, which includes all of the recommendations listed in our travel guide.