You will love this bright and colorful favorite family salad. This healthy goodness can be prepared in less than 10 minutes!
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- half of a small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) jars quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 batch zesty red wine vinaigrette
- optional garnish: extra freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Zesty Red Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
To Make The Salad:
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl, and toss until evenly combined. Serve immediately, garnished with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.
To Make The Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. (Or add them together in a mason jar, and shake until combined.) Use immediately.