Hallelujah! After months of waiting while the networks drug their feet, trying to decide who would host this next season, Project Runway FINALLY debuted last night!! And after a 12-hour day at work, I was more than ready to kick up my feet and settle in for some fashion fun. :)
So to celebrate, whipped up a batch of my favorite popcorn. Believe it or not, up until a year ago, I’d never made popcorn on the stove – tragic!! Thankfully, a good friend showed me what I was missing, and I’ve gladly kicked the “bag” habit (and all of its preservatives) for more healthy kernel-popping fun! This is so easy, super quick, and I just love experimenting with all sorts of different flavors! Other favorites include cinnamon+sugar, smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne+chili powder, or…classic buttah. :)
So cheers to a classic comfort-snack…and the return of the runway classic, “Make It Work!”
This Parmesan Popcorn recipe is quick and easy to prepare, and so irresistibly delicious!
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil, or enough to coat the bottom of the pan (any high heat oil will do — coconut oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil, etc.)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- Add oil to a large thick-bottomed stockpot over medium-high heat. Place 3-4 individual kernels in the pan and cover. Once they pop, uncover the pan and add in the rest of the kernels so that they form a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Cover, and give the pot a shake so that they all get coated with the oil.
- Once the popcorn kernels start popping furiously, give the pot a good shake every 15 seconds or so to help the un-popped kernels fall to the bottom, which prevents burning. Once the popping dies down, immediately pour the popcorn it into a large mixing bowl (one that has a lid, like tupperware), and sprinkle with the Parmesan and salt. Cover, and give it a good shake to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I'd love to see what you cook!