This Pasta is so satisfying and perfect for a summer dinner!
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion , thinly sliced, lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (13.75 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and quartered lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes , halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta or grated Parmesan cheese, plus more serving
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned or torn
- In a large pot of generously-salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and cook until evaporated, about minutes.
- Stir in artichokes and cook until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add olives and half of the tomatoes; cook until tomatoes start to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pasta to skillet. Stir in remaining tomatoes and 1 tablespoon oil. Thin with reserved pasta water if necessary to coat the spaghetti. Transfer to plates and garnish generously with cheese and basil.
Adapted from Martha Stewart