You will love this Peach, Chicken & Pepper Jack Quesadillas recipe. Sweet, spicy, salty, herby, chicken-y, whole-grain-y…you name it.
- 1 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cups thinly-sliced ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. finely-chopped jalapeno (optional)
- Combine honey and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir sour cream into honey mixture; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place tortillas flat on a work surface. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup peaches, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 1/2 tablespoon chopped jalapenos. Gently fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan, and top quesadillas with a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned (leave cast-iron skillet on quesadillas as they cook). Remove quesadillas from pan; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sauce.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light