This creamy peanut chipotle salsa recipe is quick and easy to make, and full of the most irresistible savory, smoky and sweet flavors. Serve as a dip, sauce, spread, or whatever sounds good!
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter,* homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of dried oregano
- Puree all ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Season. Taste and season with extra salt (or any other ingredients you might like to increase) as needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or use in your favorite recipe and enjoy!
Natural peanut butter note: If you don’t have natural peanut butter on hand, you are welcome to use traditional store-bought peanut butter. Or you can use whole peanuts instead by adding 1 cup of peanuts to your food processor or blender, purée with the diced tomatoes and lime juice until the mixture is fairly smooth, and then add the remaining ingredients.
Storage instructions: Transfer to a food storage container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.