This Pear and Pomegranate Tacos (Christmas Tacos) recipe is easy to make, fresh and delicious, and so festive!
- 1 (10-count) package Old El Paso Small Flour Tortillas or 2 (12-count) packages Old El Paso Mini Stand & Stuff Tortillas
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts*, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 batch 5-Ingredient Pear Pomegranate Salsa
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- optional garnishes: fresh lime wedges, extra chopped fresh cilantro
- If using the small flour tortillas, lay one tortilla out on a serving plate. Place a few slices of chicken in a line down the center of the tortilla. Then add a few spoonfuls of salsa and a sprinkle of cotija cheese on top of the chicken. Serve immediately.
- If using the mini stand & stuff tortillas, arrange them on a serving dish. Place 1 or 2 pieces of chicken in each tortilla boat, then add in a spoonful of salsa and a sprinkle of cotija cheese. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to bake or saute the chicken breasts, or you can take a shortcut and just shred a rotisserie chicken. If you are baking or sauteing the chicken breasts yourself, I recommend seasoning them before cooking with some Old El Paso taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- These tacos would also be delicious with cooked fish (i.e. a mild white fish, like mahi mahi or tilapia) or shrimp, instead of chicken.