My favorite way to make classic roasted Brussels sprouts. See notes above for ideas on how to customize yours with different seasonings or sauces if you would like.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a large baking sheet and drizzle with the oil. Toss until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated, then spread them out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, to taste. Then go around and flip each of the Brussels so that they are cut-side-down.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are lightly charred and crisp on the outside and toasted on the bottoms. (Be sure to keep an eye on your sprouts while baking, though, since different ovens and different sized sprouts may affect baking time. Any loose leaves will also get charred and crispy.)
- Taste and season with extra salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve warm.