My favorite recipe for Southern-style homemade pimento cheese. It’s super-easy to make in just 10 minutes and tastes delicious as a spread, dip, or however you’d like to serve it!
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (4-ounce) package diced pimentos (or diced roasted red peppers), drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- a few shakes of Tabasco sauce
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Stir together. Combine cream cheese, pimentos, cheddar cheese, green onions, mayo, garlic powder, paprika, hot sauce and a pinch of salt and black pepper in a mixing bowl, and stir until evenly combined.
- Season. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and/or hot sauce, if needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately, or transfer to a sealed jar or food storage container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Source: Slightly adapted from All Recipes and Sarah O’Kelley.