This simple basil pistachio pesto recipe is easy to make in the blender or food processor, and loaded up with the best fresh flavors! See notes above for possible ingredient substitutions.
- 3 cups lightly-packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the basil, Parmesan, pistachios, garlic, salt and pepper together until finely-chopped.
- With the food processor or blender still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is completely combined. Pause the food processor or blender and scrape down the sides, then pulse again until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve immediately. Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.