These Pork & Bacon Sliders are quick and easy to make, and so delicious!
- 1 lb. ground pork
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 10–12 slider buns or small rolls
- lettuce or spinach
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced cheddar cheese
- sliced white onions
- Season the ground pork with a few generous pinches of salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Score the mixture into 8 equal portions, and then use your hands to shape each portion into a patty.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sliders in a single layer (you may need to do 2 or 3 batches) for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until done to your taste. Once the sliders are done cooking, add the buns to the skillet (flat-side down) for a few seconds each until the insides are slightly brown and crispy.
- Lay out the bottom halves of the buns on your work surface. Then add to each a layer of lettuce/spinach, onions, cheese, tomatoes, bacon, the pork patties, and then top with the final layer of the bun. Secure with a toothpick and serve immediately.
- ALI’S TIP:
- Jim’s original recipe called for making each of the “bun” layers a grilled cheese sandwich. So if you’re feeling brave, feel free to make the top and bottom layers each their own mini grilled cheese sandwich!
Jim’s original recipe called for making each of the “bun” layers a grilled cheese sandwich. So if you’re feeling brave, feel free to make the top and bottom layers each their own mini grilled cheese sandwich!
Adapted from Jim Crane.