Homemade pork fried rice that tastes even better than at the restaurant!
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 c. cold cooked rice
- 2 spring onions, green and white parts separated then sliced
- 2 cooked Chinese sausages, quartered lengthwise then diced
- 2 carrots, diced and cooked
- 1/2 c. frozen green peas (optional)
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- Beat the eggs with 1 tsp. light sauce and 1/2 tsp. sesame oil. Heat up a non-stick frying pan and add 1 tbsp. of oil. Pour in the eggs and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan. As the egg cooks, push the edges towards the center and let the uncooked eggs ooze towards the edges. When set, flip over onto a chopping board and cut into small square pieces.
- Heat up a wok and add 2 tbsps. of oil. Add the garlic and fry for 3 minutes. Add the rice and 2 tsps. of light soy sauce. Fry on high heat for about 5 minutes or until the rice is hot and fragrant. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Clean the wok and heat again. Add 1 tbsp. of oil and the sausages and the whites of the spring onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the carrots (and peas), and oyster sauce. Stir fry for another 2 minutes. Put the rice back in and stir to mix. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until the mixture is piping hot. Add the eggs and the greens of the spring onions. Stir for a minute then turn the heat off. This is now ready to serve.