This Post-Workout Green Smoothie recipe is full of simple, delicious, and nutritious ingredients that will help replenish your energy after a good workout.
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1-inch piece* of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or plain Greek yogurt**)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with extra chia seeds on top, if desired.
- (If the smoothie is too thick, you can add in more coconut water to thin it out. Or if it is too thin, you can add in a handful of ice.)
*1-inch piece fresh ginger = about 1.5 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger = about 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
**Do not use Greek yogurt if making this smoothie vegan.