This prosciutto-wrapped shrimp recipe is easy to make with just a few ingredients, and it works perfectly as an appetizer or as a topper for salads or pasta.
- 5–7 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on or off)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
(Optional) Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
To Make The Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a cutting board, slice the prosciutto into three long strips and then slice each of those strips in half. (You should have six long strips that are approximately 1-inch by 4-5 inches.) Wrap a piece of prosciutto around the body of a piece of shrimp, and lay it seam-side-down on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and prosciutto.
- Brush the melted butter onto the top of each shrimp. Season with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque and the prosciutto is slightly crispy. Serve warm, with cocktail forks if desired.
To Make The Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired, and serve warm.