You will love this Pumpkin Cheesecake With Gingersnap Crust Recipe! It’s delicious, fun and seasonal.
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs, finely crushed/chopped
- 1 cup pecans, crushed
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups solid pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. each — nutmeg, ground ginger, salt
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
To Make Crust:
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Combine the gingersnap crumbs, pecans and sugar in a bowl. Stir in melted butter until well combined. (OR — let a food processor do all of the work! Use it to ground up the gingersnaps and pecans, then add in the sugar and melted butter and pulse until combined.)
- Press mixture into the bottom and about 2″ inch up the sides of springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, then remove.
To Make Filling:
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in pumpkin. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on low speed to incorporate each addition. Add spices, salt, cream, cornstarch, and vanilla (and optional – bourbon); beat just enough to blend. Transfer filling to cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees until filling is just set in center and edges begin to crack (filling will move slightly when pan is gently shaken), about 50-55 minutes. Then turn off oven and leave cheesecake in there for another 5-10 minutes. Let cool on the counter for another 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a refrigerator for at least an hour. Remove, and run knife around sides of pan to release crust. Slice and serve!
Recipe adapted from Bakin’ and Eggs