This Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe yields a delicious autumn treat!
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. each – ground cloves, nutmeg, and ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
To Make Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line muffin pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, oil, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Gently whisk by hand until just combined, don’t use an electric mixer or over-mix the batter as it may become too gummy.
- Fill liners with 1/4 cup batter (cups should be approximately 2/3 full). Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.Let the cupcakes cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
To Make Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar and cinnamon, mixing well until it’s all incorporated. Use immediately or refrigerate. The frosting will harden in the fridge, so plan on bring it back to room temperature if you must refrigerate it before frosting the cupcakes.
Recipe adapted by Love & Olive Oil