Kick breakfast up a notch with this healthy, super-delicious oatmeal! Detailed instructions and photos included.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, not quick cook
- 1 Tbsp. whole flax seeds, optional
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Grease 4 individual-sized ramekins. Set aside.
- Combine the first eight ingredients (oat thru salt) in a medium-sized bowl. Stir well. In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla, butter, pumpkin, and milk. Whisk thoroughly. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the oats, and stir until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between the four ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet (this makes it easier to move in and out of the oven.). Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the topping: chopped pecans, butter, and brown sugar. After the oatmeal has baked for 10 minutes, remove and divide topping mixture evenly between the ramekins. Bake and additional 7 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Top with a splash of milk and raisins, if desired.
Adapted from GoodLife Eats