This classic Puppy Chow recipe (<– a.k.a. “Muddy Buddies”) only takes about 10 minutes to make, and it’s downright IRRESISTIBLE.
- 9 cups corn or rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ziplock freezer bags and parchment paper
- Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on “high” for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave for 30 seconds, and stir until smooth. (If the mixture is still not completely melted, pop it in for an additional 15 seconds, then stir again.) Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal, tossing until evenly coated.
- Portion the chocolate-covered cereal evenly into two large ziplock bags, each filled with 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Seal bags, and gently toss the cereal until it is evenly coated. Transfer to parchment paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container or bag in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
***Please note that this recipe is for humans to enjoy only!!! Any form of chocolate is no good for puppies (and dogs). So buy them a fun little doggy treat to enjoy instead while you “chow” down on this.
Recipe ever-so-slightly adapted from Chex.