This Super-Easy Ravioli “Lasagna” is simple to prepare, made with just 7 ingredients, and it tastes like the traditional lasagna we all love!
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 (28-ounce) jars marinara pasta sauce
- 2 (30-ounce) packages frozen cheese ravioli, unthawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- (optional) 1/2 cup chopped or julienned fresh basil leaves, loosely-packed
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and no longer pink, stirring and breaking up the sausage with a metal spatula or spoon while it cooks. Drain off the excess grease, then stir the diced roasted red peppers in with the sausage. Set aside.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread half of a jar of marinara sauce (about 1 3/4 cups) evenly across the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the contents of 1 package of ravioli in an even layer on top of the sauce. Spread half of the sausage and red pepper mixture evenly on top of the ravioli, followed by the remaining half of a jar of marinara sauce, half of the mozzarella, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat each of these layers, minus the Parmesan. (So that means a second round of sauce, ravioli, sausage/peppers, sauce, and mozzarella.)
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for a final 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Remove, and garnish with the remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
- Serve warm.