This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Today’s word is simple, but I love its meaning.
- full of cheerfulness or gaiety; joyous in disposition or spirit.
- laughingly happy; mirthful; festively joyous; hilarious.
- Characterized by festivity and rejoicing.
- [Archaic] causing happiness; pleasant; delightful.
- [Synonyms] happy, blithe, blithesome, frolicsome, cheery,
glad, jolly, jovial, gleeful, mirthful.
After reading the definition, I feel like “merry” is an entire party in one word; not just happy, but– rejoicing! laughing! festive! frolicsome!