My go-to method for classic roasted asparagus. See suggestions above for extra seasonings and sauces that you can add too!
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven. Heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare asparagus. Arrange the asparagus on the baking sheet in an even layer. Drizzle evenly with the olive oil, then briefly toss the asparagus so that it is evenly coated in the oil. Sprinkle evenly with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Roast. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the asparagus reach your desired level of tenderness. (Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your asparagus spears.)
- Serve. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Then serve immediately and enjoy!
Storage instructions: Cooked roasted asparagus can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. (To freeze roasted asparagus, I recommend doing an initial freeze for 1-2 hours on the baking sheet itself, with the asparagus spread out in an even layer so that it does not freeze in one large clump. Then you can remove the frozen asparagus and bundle it into a freezer bag or storage container and freeze until ready to use.)